This is a high-frequency, 4-Stage “Smart” battery charger designed to offer maximum battery life with minimal user intervention. Maintains your battery at the optimal charge, while extending battery life. It is suitable for charging all types of 6V &12V lead-acid batteries, including Wet (Flooded), Gel, MF (Maintenance-Free) and AGM (Absorption Glass Mat) batteries. Works on ALL years, ALL make & model car, truck or motorcycle batteries. This charger is designed for long term use. You can safely leave it connected to your battery for days, weeks, months, even years!
This charger can be used on 6 and 12 volt Lead-Acid, Gel or AGM-type (like Optima, Maxxima and Odyssey) rechargeable batteries.
SYMBOLS FOR LCD DISPLAY and SELECTABLE MODES:
1. MOTORCYCLE: 12 Volt Slow Charge (14.4V @ 0.8 Amps). This mode is normally used for smaller 12V batteries of <14Ah. These batteries are typically used in a motorcycle, lawn tractor, etc.
2. CAR: 12 Volt Fast Charge (14.4V @ 3.8 Amps). This mode is normally used for a 12V wet cell batteries, maintenance-free and most Gel batteries. Some Gel batteries prefer a slightly lower voltage. If you are unsure of your battery type, use this charge mode, not the Cold Weather mode.
3. COLD WEATHER: 12 Volt Fast Charge (14.8V @ 3.8 Amps). This mode is recommended for a 12V battery at a temperature <410 F (< 50 C). It is also recommended for many AGM batteries like Optima, Maxxima and Odyssey.
4. 6V: 6 Volt Slow Charge Mode (6V @ 0.8 Amps). This mode is automatically selected, and locked-in when connected to a 6V battery. Other modes are not selectable in 6V mode. Once battery is fully charged, charger will automatically switch to storage/float mode.
5. BATTERY LEVEL INDICATOR: Each of the 5 horizontal bars indicates that 20% of the battery’s capacity has been charged. Display of battery outline and 5 bars displayed indicates battery is fully charged and charger has now switched to storage (float) mode. During the storage (float) mode, the battery is automatically and constantly monitored and battery voltage will show on LCD display. (See storage/float mode for more information).
6. BATTERY POLARITY REVERSAL INDICATOR: Indicates that the charger’s clamps are on the wrong terminals of the battery.
7. DIGITAL NUMERALS: Battery Voltage & Charging Voltage.
8. BAD BATTERY INDICATOR: Indicates the battery is not suitable to be charged. Replace the battery.
9. CLAMP INDICATOR: Indicates that the charger’s clamps need to be connected to battery before charging will begin.
10. CHARGING CURRENT INDICATOR: Charging amperage (not displayed w/6V batteries).
11. STORAGE/FLOAT MODE (No graphic displayed): After the battery is fully charged, the charger will automatically go into storage/float mode. During this time, the battery is automatically and constantly monitored by the circuitry in the charger. When the battery voltage drops* from its peak charge, the charger will automatically turn on and “top off” the battery voltage. (* A battery will lose its charge over a period of time. The rate at which that charge is lost will be increased on vehicles that have a clock, computer, radio display, etc. that constantly draw on the battery. This charger can more than compensate for this drain.)
This charger operates in a 4-Stage, fully-automatic cycle.
6 VOLT BATTERY: When the charger is connected to your 6V battery and plugged-in, if the battery voltage is less then 7.5V, the charger will indicate 6V mode, lock in that mode. Battery will be charged then switch to STAGE 4.
12 VOLT BATTERY: If battery voltage is between 9.5-10.5V, charger will go to STAGE 1. If battery voltage is greater than 10.5V, charger will switch to STAGE 2.
■ STAGE 1 (Automatic Battery Rescue Mode): This charger includes an automatic 12V battery rescue function. If battery voltage is less than 10.5V, charger will attempt to add a charge to (rescue) the battery. After a predetermined amount of time, the charger will re-check battery voltage. If battery voltage is still under 10.5V, battery will be identified as a “Bad Battery”, “Bad Battery” indicator will display, charging will stop, and the battery should be replaced. If voltage is above 10.5V, charger will switch to STAGE 2.
■ STAGE 2 (Constant Current Mode): A constant current of (0.8A or 3.8A) is applied until the maximum voltage (14.4V in normal mode or 14.8V in cold weather mode) is reached. If this voltage is reached, charger automatically switches to STAGE 3.
■ STAGE 3 (Constant Voltage Mode): A constant voltage is maintained while the charging current is slowly reduced. If charging current drops to 0.4A, charger switches back to STAGE 2, if not, charger switches to STAGE 4.
■ STAGE 4 (Storage/Float Mode): After the battery is fully charged, the charger will automatically go into storage/float mode. During this time, the battery is automatically and constantly monitored by the circuitry in the charger. When the battery voltage drops* from its peak charge, the charger will automatically turn on and “top off” the battery voltage. (* A battery will lose its charge over a period of time. The rate at which that charge is lost will be increased on vehicles that have a clock, computer, radio display, etc. that constantly draw on the battery. This charger can more than compensate for these types of current drain.)
- Auto Voltage Detection (6 or 12 volt).
- Fully-automatic monitoring microprocessor.
- LCD Display with green backlight. Can be seen in total darkness.
- 76" Charging cord with quality clamps.
- 76" Power cord.
- Instruction manual.
- 1 year warranty.
Backlit LCD Display: 3/4" LCD display. Green back light can be seen in complete darkness.
Input Voltage/Current: 120 VAC / 1 Amp
Charge capacity: 120 Ah
Switch-on voltage: 13 VDC
Switch-off voltage: 14.4 VDC (Car Mode) / 14.8VDC (Cold Weather Mode)
Float Monitoring Mode: <13 VDC
Slow Charge: 14.4 V @ 0.8A
Fast Charge: 14.4 V @ 3.8A
Cold Weather Charge: 14.8 V @ 3.8A
Min. Battery size: 1.2 Ah
Max. Battery size: 120 Ah
Cooling: Natural convection. Do not cover the charger.
Charger Type: 4-stage, fully-automatic.
Battery Types: Lead-acid, Gel, and AGM Batteries
Cord Lengths: 76" Power Cord and 76" Charging Cord with clamps
Dimensions: 7.25" x 2.63" x 1.8" (L x W x H)
Enclosure: IP65 Class rated for outdoor splashproof / raintight standard. Not submersible.